|È Ú ¼||pêListening4iuEj|
|S Ò||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|J u ú||ãú||CN||2||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
Become more confident and competent with English listening for both casual use and preparation for the TOEIC listening test through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence listening to native speakers of English and your fellow classmates
• Develop listening comprehension and listening as acquisition skills
• Develop listening skills and vocabulary for success on the TOEIC Test
• Gain test taking skills for each part of the TOEIC Listening Test
• Increase active vocabulary
This class will follow the same structure as English Listening 1-3
Weeks 1-2 - Course overview and introduction
Weeks 3-11 - Completing 8 units in the daily textbook and 4 units in the TOEIC textbook; this will include taking 4 quizzes
Weeks 12-15 - TOEIC Listening Practice Test preparation and completion (2 tests)
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – After establishing the foundation of the learnersf English language level, communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through textbook and classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Listening Quizzes 60% (4 quizzes – 3 best will be counted @ 20% each)
• Practice TOEIC Listening Test 15% (best score from 2 attempts)
• Homework – 10%
• Class Participation – 5% (participation includes: being prepared for class; actively participating in classroom activities; asking and answering questions in class; student attitude)
• Attendance – 10%
Listening Impact 2 – by Jill Robbins & Andrew MacNeill
Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test; by Grant Trew
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class.
This course continues on from English Listening 2 & 3 - if you really want to improve your listening skills, this is the course for you!
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.