|科 目 名||英語Listening3（ブラウン）|
|担 当 者||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|開 講 期||前期||履修年次||2||必修選択別||
|単 位 数||
|時 間 数||
Become more confident and competent with English listening for both casual use and preparation for the TOEIC listening test through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence listening to native speakers of English and your fellow classmates
• Develop listening comprehension and listening as acquisition skills
• Develop listening skills and vocabulary for success on the TOEIC Test
• Gain test taking skills for each part of the TOEIC Listening Test
• Increase active vocabulary
第３回：Listening Impact 1- Greetings – How’s it going? (Unit 1); Activities
第４回：Listening Impact 1 -Home – It’s a great place (Unit 2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 1
第５回：QUIZ 1 (Listening Impact 1 – Units 1&2); Listening Impact 1 – Clothing – THat looks good on you (Unit 3)
第６回：Listening Impact 1 - Nationalities – Where are you from? (Unit 4); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 2
第７回：QUIZ 2 (Listening Impact 1- Units 3&4); Listening Impact 1- Jobs – What kind of work do you do? (Unit 8)
第８回：Listening Impact 1 - Travel – It was a fantastic trip! (Unit 10); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 3
第９回：QUIZ 3 (Listening Impact 1- Units 8&10); Listening Impact 1 – Money – Where does it all go? (Unit 11)
第１０回：Listening Impact 1 – Food – She makes the best pasta! (Unit 13); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 4
第１１回：QUIZ 4 (Listening Impact 1 – Units 11&13); prep for TOEIC Listening Test
第１２回：TOEIC Listening Test 1
第１３回：Activities & TOEIC practice
第１４回：TOEIC Listening Test 2
第１５回：Continuing your listening studies during the summer break
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – After establishing the foundation of the learners’ English language level, communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through textbook and classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Listening Quizzes 60% (4 quizzes – 3 best will be counted @ 20% each)
• Practice TOEIC Listening Test 15% (best score from 2 attempts)
• Homework – 10%
• Class Participation – 5% (participation includes: being prepared for class; actively participating in classroom activities; asking and answering questions in class; student attitude)
• Attendance – 10%
Listening Impact 1 – by Ellen Kissinger & Todd Beukens
Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test; by Grant Trew
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class.
This course continues on from English Listening 2 - if you really want to improve your listening, this is the course for you!
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.