|È Ú ¼||pêWriting3ivbgj|
|S Ò||Jason Pratt|
|J u ú||Oú||CN||2||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
1) to be able to create high-level academic writing;
2) to understand the differences in English and Japanese information organization in writing;
3) to be able to write for personal purposes, including writing emails;
1) Common and advanced grammatical structures;
2) Punctuation and style markers;
3) Different levels of formality;
4) Structures of different types of writings for different purposes;
5) Organization of information within writings.
Students will prepare for class by studying key grammatical structures, as well as by considering the topic to be studied.
Students are encouraged to be active in class. It is also encouraged to ask questions if you donft understand or if what you learn seems different to what you learned in the past.
Lesson 1: Unit 1: Orientation / grammar test
Lesson 2: Unit 2: Getting organized
Lesson 3: Unit 2: Understanding paragraphs
Lesson 4: Unit 2: Understanding paragraphs (introductions)
Lesson 5: Unit 2: Understanding paragraphs (conclusions)
Lesson 6: Unit 3: Organizing information by time and order
Lesson 7: Test #1
Lesson 8: Unit 4: Order of importance
Lesson 9: Unit 5: Spacial order
Lesson 10: Unit 6: Understanding the ...
Lesson 11: Unit 6: Understanding the ...
Lesson 12: Unit 7: Supporting the ...
Lesson 13: Unit 7: Supporting the ...
Lesson 14: Test #2
Lesson 15: Portfolio review (and special lesson)
Class will be held online.
Before class, students will take a grammar test and read the preparation materials on Google Classroom.
Online, we will answer questions from students.
After class, students will do writing homework on Google Docs with the teacher and/or classmates making suggestions and comments.
Each of these items is worth the following amount of your score.
1) Writing test 1: 20%
2) Writing test 2: 20%
1) Process writing: 20%
2) Grammar homework: 10%
3) English challenges: 10%
Ready to Write 2, fifth edition (Pearson) ÖATCg
New teacher for this class.
I look forward to studying together.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.