|È Ú ¼||pêSpeaking4ivbgj|
|S Ò||Jason Pratt|
|J u ú||ãú||CN||2||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
The aims of this course are to increase students' speaking proficiency in English to:
1) obtain core knowledge and skills for speaking that can be applied in real life;
2) provide cultural context to help in choosing what level of formality or language in general to use;
3) to teach students to be able to improve speaking skills on their own outside of the classroom.
1) Most common English vocabulary, building on studentsf existing knowledge;
2) Key expressions useful in situations that students are likely to encounter in their lives;
3) Useful grammar structures;
4) Pronunciation skills;
5) Cultural knowledge;
6) Tools to understand and interact in English in the real world.
Students will prepare for class by studying key vocabulary and expressions, as well as by considering the topic to be studied.
Students are encouraged to be active in class. It is fine to make mistakes when speaking as native speakers and the greatest learners of a language can also make mistakes. It is also encouraged to ask questions if you donft understand or if what you learn seems different to what you learned in the past.
Lesson 1: Orientation / Congratulating others
Lesson 2: Meeting an old friend
Lesson 3: Meeting an old friend (negative questions)
Lesson 4: Meeting an old friend (question tags)
Lesson 5: Speaking test #1
Lesson 6: Shopping (large numbers)
Lesson 7: Shopping (shopping language)
Lesson 8: Shopping (too vs. not enough)
Lesson 9: Speaking test #1
Lesson 10: Work (Prepositions for jobs)
Lesson 11: Work (Likes and dislikes)
Lesson 12: Work (Giving advice)
Lesson 13: Speaking test #2
Lesson 14: Vocabulary review test (and special lesson)
Lesson 15: Portfolio review (and special lesson)
Class will be held online.
Before class, students will take a vocabulary test and read the preparation materials on Google Classroom.
Online, we will answer questions from students and practice and observe speaking.
After class, students will upload speaking homework for the teacher and classmates to give feedback on.
Each of these items is worth the following amount of your score.
1) Weekly vocabulary tests: 10%
2) Final vocabulary test: 10%
3) Speaking test #1: 20%
4) Speaking test #2: 20%
5) Speaking test #3: 20%
New teacher for this class.
I am looking forward to a great semester together.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.