|È Ú ¼||pêListening2iÏ³ÝÄÌ«°ÄÞj|
|J u ú||ãú||CN||1||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
Become more confident and competent at English listening for both casual use and the TOEIC listening test through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence listening to native speakers of English and your fellow classmates
• Develop listening comprehension and listening as acquisition skills
• Develop listening skills and vocabulary for success on the TOEIC Test
• Increase active vocabulary
Week 1 Listening skills review; Activities
Week 2 Occupations – Sounds like a great job; Activities
Week 3 Occupations – Can I ask you one more question? Tactics for TOEIC Unit 8
Week 4 QUIZ 1; Places of Interest – Whatfs worth seeing here?
Week 5 Places of Interest – Letfs take a tour! Tactics for TOEIC Unit 9
Week 6 QUIZ 2; Relationships – Letfs be friends!
Week 7 Relationships – How was the wedding? Tactics for TOEIC Unit 10
Week 8 QUIZ 3; Adventure – What amazing people!
Week 9 Adventure - What an adventure! Tactics for TOEIC Unit 11
Week 10 QUIZ 4; Preparation for TOEIC Listening Test
Week 11 TOEIC Listening Test 1
Week 12 What was it like then? Activities
Week 13 How have you changed? Christmas
Week 14 Activities & TOEIC practice
Week 15 TOEIC Listening Test 2
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – Communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points. Students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through textbook and classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Listening Quizzes 60% (4 quizzes – 3 best will be counted @ 20% each)
• Practice TOEIC Listening Test 15%
• Homework – 10%
• Class Participation – 5% (participation includes: being prepared for class; actively participating in classroom activities; asking and answering questions in class; student attitude)
• Attendance – 10%
Tune In 3 Learning English Through Listening – Student Book
Jack C. Richards & Kerry OfSullivan ISBN 9780194471169
Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Introductory Course
Grant Trew ISBN 9780194529761
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class.
Your English is better than you think it is! Through this class I will help you to develop listening skills for both interacting with others in English and improving your TOEIC listening score.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.