|科 目 名||英語Listening2（ブラウン）|
|担 当 者||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|開 講 期||後期||履修年次||1||必修選択別||
|単 位 数||
|時 間 数||
Become more confident and competent with English listening for both casual use and preparation for the TOEIC listening test through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence listening to native speakers of English and your fellow classmates
• Develop listening comprehension and listening as acquisition skills
• Develop listening skills and vocabulary for success on the TOEIC Test
• Gain test taking skills for each part of the TOEIC Listening Test
• Increase active vocabulary
第２回：Tune In 3 - Occupations – Sounds like a great job (Unit 6.1); Activities
第３回：Tune In 3 - Occupations – Can I ask you one more question? (Unit 6.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 8
第４回：QUIZ 1 (Tune In 3 Unit 6); Tune In 3 – Places of Interest – What’s worth seeing here? (Unit 8.1)
第５回：Tune In 3 – Places of Interest – Let’s take a tour! - (Unit 8.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 9
第６回：QUIZ 2 (Tune In 3 Unit 8); Tune In 3 - Relationships – Let’s be friends! (Unit 10.1)
第７回：Tune In 3 - Relationships – How was the wedding? (Unit 10.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 10
第８回：QUIZ 3 (Tune In 3 Unit 10); Tune In 3 - Adventure – What amazing people! (Unit 14.1)
第９回：Tune In 3 - Adventure - What an adventure! (Unit 14.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 11
第１０回：QUIZ 4 (Tune In 3 Unit 14); Preparation for TOEIC Listening Test
第１１回：TOEIC Listening Test 1
第１２回：Activities & TOEIC practice
第１３回：Activities & TOEIC practice
第１４回：TOEIC Listening Test 2
第１５回：Continuing your listening studies during the spring break
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – After establishing the foundation of the learners’ English language level, communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through textbook and classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Listening Quizzes 60% (4 quizzes – 3 best will be counted @ 20% each)
• Practice TOEIC Listening Test 15% (best score from 2 attempts)
• Homework – 10%
• Class Participation – 5% (participation includes: being prepared for class; actively participating in classroom activities; asking and answering questions in class; student attitude)
• Attendance – 10%
Tune In 3 Learning English Through Listening – Student Book; by Jack C. Richards 6 Kerry O’Sullivan
Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Introductory Course; by Grant Trew [ISBN 9780194529761]
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class.
This course continues from Listening 1. Let's keep on improving our listening skills!
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.