|科 目 名||英語Listening1（ブラウン）|
|担 当 者||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|開 講 期||前期||履修年次||1||必修選択別||
|単 位 数||
|時 間 数||
Become more confident and competent with English listening for both casual use and preparation for the TOEIC listening test through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence listening to native speakers of English and your fellow classmates
• Develop listening comprehension and listening as acquisition skills
• Develop listening skills and vocabulary for success on the TOEIC Test
• Gain test taking skills for each part of the TOEIC Listening Test
• Increase active vocabulary
第３回：Tune In 3 - Shopping – Do you like shopping? (Unit 1.1); Activities
第４回：Tune In 3 -Shopping – Are you a smart shopper? (Unit 1.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 1
第５回：QUIZ 1 (Tune In 3 Unit 1); Tune In 3 - Entertainment – That sounds like fun (Unit 2.1)
第６回：Tune In 3 - Entertainment – What’s on TV? (Unit2.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 2
第７回：QUIZ 2 (Tune In 3 Unit 2); Tune In 3 - Travel – Let’s go somewhere different this year! (Unit 3.1)
第８回：Tune In 3 - Travel – So how was your trip? (Unit 3.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 3
第９回：QUIZ 3 (Tune In 3 Unit 3); Tune In 3 – Eating In & Out – What do you have for breakfast? (Unit 5.1)
第１０回：Tune In 3 – Eating In & Out – Let’s go eat! (Unit 5.2); Tactics for TOEIC Unit 4
第１１回：QUIZ 4 (Tune In 3 Unit 5); prep for TOEIC Listening Test
第１２回：TOEIC Listening Test 1
第１３回：Activities & TOEIC practice
第１４回：TOEIC Listening Test 2
第１５回：Continuing your listening studies during the summer break
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – After establishing the foundation of the learners’ English language level, communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through textbook and classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Listening Quizzes 60% (4 quizzes – 3 best will be counted @ 20% each)
• Practice TOEIC Listening Test 15% (best score from 2 attempts)
• Homework – 10%
• Class Participation – 5% (participation includes: being prepared for class; actively participating in classroom activities; asking and answering questions in class; student attitude)
• Attendance – 10%
Tune In 3 Learning English Through Listening – Student Book; by Jack C. Richards 6 Kerry O’Sullivan
Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Introductory Course; by Grant Trew [ISBN 9780194529761]
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class.
Come with an open mind and a good attitude and I'll help you become a better listener and get a higher score on tests like the TOEIC.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.