|È Ú ¼||pêWriting2iuEj|
|S Ò||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|J u ú||ãú||CN||1||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
This course is designed to teach you to develop skills to be an effective, accurate and descriptive writer in English.
• Learn the fundamentals of English writing
• Learn how to write sentences in English
• Learn how to write paragraphs in English
• Increase your vocabulary and understanding of English writing through reading more in English
The course will move through the textbook at the appropriate speed of the group.
We aim to cover the following 9 goals and objectives:
1. Writing descriptions – writing details to support topic sentences
2. Writing about places – writing space-order paragraphs
3. Writing a narrative – writing narrative paragraphs
4. Expressing your opinion – writing a letter to the editor
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – Techniques and procedures for English writing are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through writing, peer-editing and classroom activities focused on the learner.
• Major Writing Assignments 75% (6~7 assignments)
• Homework 10%
• Participation 10%
• Attendance 5%
Ready To Write 1; by Karen Blanchard & Christine Root
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class and have regular access to a computer.
Your English is better than you think it is! Through this class I will help you to develop writing skills that will be useful to your daily and future professional lives.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.