|È Ú ¼||pêWriting1iuEj|
|S Ò||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|J u ú||Oú||CN||1||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
This course is designed to teach you to develop skills to be an effective, accurate and descriptive writer in English.
• Learn the fundamentals of English writing
• Learn how to write sentences in English
• Learn how to write paragraphs in English
• Learn how to edit your work through peer editing exercises
• Increase your vocabulary and understanding of English writing through reading more in English
The course will move through the textbook at the appropriate speed of the group.
We aim to cover the following 9 goals and objectives:
1. Writing about yourself – simple sentences and introducing the paragraph
2. Writing about your family and friends – writing effective emails
3. Writing about your activities – improving paragraph structure
4. Giving instructions – writing time-order paragraphs
5. Writing about your day – developing paragraph unity
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – Techniques and procedures for English writing are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through writing, peer-editing and classroom activities focused on the learner.
• Major Writing Assignments 65%
• Homework 20%
• Participation 10%
• Attendance 5%
Ready To Write 1; by Karen Blanchard & Christine Root
Students should bring an English – Japanese dictionary to every class and have regular access to a computer.
Your English is better than you think it is! Through this class I will help you to develop writing skills that will be useful to your daily and future professional lives.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.