|È Ú ¼||pêReading1ivbgj|
|S Ò||Jason Pratt|
|J u ú||Oú||CN||1||KCIðÊ||
|P Ê ||
| Ô ||
1) to improve on a number of different types of reading skills for different purposes;
2) to improve reading speed and understanding;
3) to be able to understand unknown words to a greater degree;
4) to achieve greater scores on reading-related areas of the TOEIC test and other standardized English tests.
1) Most common English vocabulary in general, building on studentsf existing knowledge;
2) Key prefixes and suffixes;
3) Different types of English words and how to identify them;
4) Understanding the implied;
5) Tools to understand and interact in English in the real world.
Students will prepare for class by studying key vocabulary and expressions, as well as by considering the topic to be studied.
Students are encouraged to be active in class. It is also encouraged to ask questions if you donft understand or if what you learn seems different to what you learned in the past.
Lesson 1: Orientation / vocabulary quiz
Lesson 2: Select Readings chapter 1 (Previewing)
Lesson 3: Select Readings chapter 2 (Scanning for details)
Lesson 4: TOEIC text unit 5 (2-pass method)
Lesson 5: Test #1
Lesson 6: Select Readings chapter 3 (Skimming)
Lesson 7: Select Readings chapter 4 (Identifying main ideas)
Lesson 8: TOEIC text unit 6 (Identifying the correct part of speech)
Lesson 9: Test #2
Lesson 10: Select Readings chapter 5 (Finding supporting details)
Lesson 11: Select Readings chapter 6 (Making inferences)
Lesson 12: Select Readings chapter 7 (Understanding the author's purpose
Lesson 13: TOEIC text unit 7 (Answering order)
Lesson 14: Test #3
Lesson 15: Portfolio review (and special lesson)
Class will be held online.
Before class, students will take a vocabulary test, read the preparation materials on Google Classroom, and do the reading work.
Online, we will discuss the readings and answer questions from students.
After class, students will do any homework assigned.
Each of these items is worth the following amount of your score.
1) Test 1: 20%
2) Test 2: 20%
3) Test 3: 20%
4) Final vocabulary test: 10%
1) Weekly vocabulary homework: 10%
2) English challenges: 10%
Select Readings Pre-Intermediate 2nd Edition (Oxford) ÖATCg
Tactics for the TOEIC test: Listening and Reading Test, Introductory Course (Oxford) ÖATCg
New teacher for this class
I look forward to studying together with you.
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.