|科 目 名||英語Speaking2（ブラウン）|
|担 当 者||Kevin Cogswell Browne|
|開 講 期||後期||履修年次||1||必修選択別||
|単 位 数||
|時 間 数||
Become more confident and competent speakers of English through practice, guidance and vocabulary development.
• Gain confidence speaking English about familiar topics
• Increase active vocabulary
• Increase proficiency of verb tense accuracy when speaking
• Increase fluency through regular practice of spontaneous speech
• Upon completion of the course students should be capable of delivering extended spontaneous speech on various topics for at least 3 minutes.
• Upon completion of the course students should be able to answer questions on various topics using appropriate vocabulary.
• Upon completion of the course students should be capable of delivering spontaneous speech with accurate use of verb tense and subject/verb agreement.
第１回：Introductions and class overview – class goals and building a vocabulary diary
第２回：Simple present & past tense review– talking about your daily life and what you did during the Summer Vacation
第３回：Skills Workshop – Asking and answering questions (learning how to listen for key information)
第４回：Speaking Task 1 - Talking about your summer vacation – Students speak for 3 minutes without notes about their summer break using photos in a Power Point slideshow to support their talk. Classmates ask 2 questions seeking additional information about their summer.
第５回：Pronunciation Workshop – improving international intelligibility by reducing the use of Katakana English
第６回：Skills Workshop – Extended talking on any topic. Learn how to speak with confidence and interest on any topic for a few minutes.
第７回：Talk on a topic practice – working in pairs students take turns speaking spontaneously on various topics decided by the teacher.
第８回：Speaking Task 2 – Talk on a Topic – Students speak spontaneously without notes for 3 minutes on one of 10 topics selected at random by the student prior to their turn to speak.
第９回：Skills Workshop – Delivering the Group Presentation – outline, selecting a topic, conducting interviews, preparing visual aids and delivery
第１０回：Topic selection and writing interview questions
第１１回：Mini-Speeches – reporting to your group the outcomes of your interviews
第１２回：Verb tense review – simple present, simple past and present perfect
第１３回：Preparation for final speaking task; Power Point presentation due for checking by the teacher.
第１４回：Speaking Task 3 – Group Presentations – Groups of 4-5 students give presentations on different aspects of university life (each student speaks for 3-4 minutes).
第１５回：Speaking Task 3 – Group Presentations – Groups of 4-5 students give presentations on different aspects of university life (each student speaks for 3-4 minutes).
Learner-Centered; Constructivist – After establishing the foundation of the learners’ English language level, communicative language skills and confidence to use English are developed through goal-oriented tasks with transparent objectives and assessment points; students learn in a structured but very active classroom where the teacher aims to facilitate learning through classroom activities and assignments focused on the learner.
• Speaking Tasks 50% (Talking about my summer vacation 10%; Talk on a Topic 15%; Group Presentation 25%)
• Vocabulary Quizzes – 20% (2@10% each)
• Preparation Tasks 10% (Mini Speech 5%; Completed Power Point on due date 5%
• Class Participation – 10%
• Attendance – 10%
teacher will provide
teacher will provide
This is a continuation of the Speaking 1 class
Keep trying! Fluency is most important in this class - don't be afraid to make mistakes. Study vocabulary and the rest will come!
Copyright Yamanashi Prefectural University. All rights reserved.